Building Act 2004

  • not the latest version

Change of use, extension of life, and subdivision of buildings

114 Owner must give notice of change of use, extension of life, or subdivision of buildings


In this section and section 115, change the use, in relation to a building, means to change the use of the building in a manner described in the regulations.


An owner of a building must give written notice to the territorial authority if the owner proposes—


to change the use of a building; or


to extend the life of a building that has a specified intended life; or


to subdivide land in a manner that affects a building.


A person commits an offence if the person fails to comply with subsection (2).


A person who commits an offence under this section is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000.

Compare: 1991 No 150 s 46(1)

Section 114(4): amended, on 1 July 2013, by section 413 of the Criminal Procedure Act 2011 (2011 No 81).